Sunday, September 14, 2008

Funk

I thought since I've been in a bit of a funk lately I should try counting my blessings (Thanks, Cassie for reminding me to smile!). I usually get really excited about Fall and like to do things outside and am motivated to get things cleaned and organized and get ready for Winter, but this year I just want to crawl under a rock for some reason. I sat at church today and felt like I was on the outside looking in, watching everyone else interact and enjoy being together, while I couldn't speak to anyone. I felt like everyone was staring at me, but couldn't really see me. I don't like feeling this way. So, here's my list of blessings. Hopefully this will help.

My Children
A roof over my head
A job
A car
My Parents
Dora & Boots
A husband that loves me
My YW Calling (Especially the three beautiful girls I get to work very closely with!)
A good friend to talk to
The ability to provide my family with their basic needs
A comfortable bed
Food to eat
Knowing my Birth Family
The Gospel
Knowing that I am a Daughter of God

2 comments:

Ira and Heather said...

My family had started something fun when you are having a rough time. It is to have a Beth Day. You do what ever it is that you find fun and go do a day of it. It always makes me feel better. I love Heather Days!!! It that does not sound good than have everyone in your family lay down on the floor on their back. Everyone places there head on someone else's stomach and you are all to start laughing ( even if it starts out forced). Promise that before you are done you will all be busting a gut over this silly game. Love you!!!!!!

Cassie said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down. Those are not fun times. You have an awesome list of blessings. I know that YOU are one of mine!!!